Head Brewer Position
Jersey Cyclone Brewing seeks to hire a full-time Head Brewer. The Head Brewer will work with the brewery management team to design and brew our beer recipes. Qualified candidates should have experience with traditional beer styles in addition to being willing to experiment with new and creative styles. We seek someone with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and commitment to maintaining a clean work environment.
Jersey Cyclone Brewing expects to open in the fall of 2017 in Franklin Township, New Jersey. The Head Brewer should be prepared to start in October 2017.
Brewer Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Collaborate/Aid in recipe research and development
• Wort production and brewhouse cleaning
• Fermentation management and Cellar duties
• Raw material management, incl. yeast handling
• Racking and conditioning beer
• Packaging kegged beer and cooperage management
• CIP/SIP of all brewery equipment, incl. brewhouse, fermentation vessels, and brite tanks
• Assisting in QA/QC
• Assist with tasting room operations
• Accept constructive criticism positively
Abilities and Skills:
• Motivated to contribute to a positive work environment.
• Friendly and professional attitude.
• Able to brew on a 3 vessel electric brewhouse
• Able to work independently and as a member of the team.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Able to be flexible in both schedule and duties.
• Passionate and committed to excellence in brewing.
• Ability to lift 60 pounds
Jersey Cyclone Brewing offers a competitive salary, benefits, and the ability to have pride in the work and business you’ll help create.
This position offers the opportunity for advancement as we anticipate adding an assistant brewer and cellar staff members who would be supervised by the Head Brewer in the future.
All experienced applicants welcome. Please have a minimum of 2yrs experience in a professional brewery or brewpub.
For inquiries please contact: